Friday, September 16, 2022

Hugs For Splendid Day

 


I am doing a little casing from my friend Brian King at stampwithbrian.com (see here) and Rae Jean Communal at mystampinmemories.blogspot.com (see here) today for my fourth card for fall card classes coming up next week. 
I used Rae Jean's layout by cuttting the gorgeous Splendid Day DSP into strips. I used four different prints but even the opposite sides are gorgeous, too. I layered them unevenly on the white piece of card stock and added all to the Crumb Cake base. I case Brian's layout when I then cut a white panel and started adding my die cuts. I stamped the large plant leaves in Soft Sea Foam ink on Soft Sea Foam card stock from the Splendid Thoughts set. I cut it out with the Splendid Stems dies along with a Fresh Freesia stem and a copper foil one. I then stamped the sentiment from the set on the Crumb Cake "pot" in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  The half circle or "pot" was cut from the same dies. I stamped the bee on white card stock also in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut with same dies after adding a little So Saffron ink from my Stampin Blends marker.  
Hope you have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Windy

Stamp set: Splendid Thoughts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Sea Foam
Stampin Blends marker- So Saffron
Paper: Crumb Cake, Splendid Day DSP, Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Copper foil and Soft Sea Foam
Splendid Stems dies

1 comment: