Tuesday, June 6, 2017

PP347 A Frozen Birthday Treat




I have many stamp sets that are clearly birthday sets but for this 
challenge I thought I would challenge myself by not using them!
I pulled out the under used Mixed Drinks set and went for it!
I started with the drink.  I want it to look tropical and possibly
frozen so I choose Peekaboo Peach for inside the
Basic Gray glass.  I added the little umbrella stamp by coloring it 
with Basic Gray on the stem and Island Indigo on the umbrella.

I then cut it out with the Layering Circles dies 
and then cut from a scrap of card the Island Indigo scallop circle.
However, when I did I thought how cool to put the circle in the middle of the 
negative image.
I layered fun Peekaboo Peach polka dots in the recently retired DSP
behind and on top of more Island Indigo for the base. 
I finished it off with a thick white twine bow!
The sentiment was grabbed from Birthday Banners set!
Head over to thepaperplayers.blogspot.com to play along!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp sets: Mixed Drinks, Birthday Banners
Ink: Island Indigo, Peekaboo Peach, Basic Gray
Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Peekaboo Peach DSP(vintage)




3 comments:

  1. Such a fun card for a Birthday! Love the design,too. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windy, this is such a fun card! I don't know anyone that wouldn't want that cool drink to celebrate! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your summer peach cooler and the polka dot background Windy - all I need now is a beach and sunset and my dream would be complete. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete