Monday, August 19, 2013

My first Halloween card!

I know that title must sound funny.  I have been stamping for over 11 years and I am just making my first Halloween card?   I have never sat down to make one since I do not celebrate Halloween and therefore, do not send out any cards during that time of year.  I do love fall and going to fall carnivals and have no problems with a costume!  But a friend asked me to make one for her to send to her mom.  I knew right away what stamp set to use since the Wacky Wishes set (retired) had the Happy Halloween sentiment.  I also knew what paper to use since I did split some of the new Witches' Brew DSP with a friend.  I like the colors and several of the designs.  I was also blessed to see a post from my good friend Brian King a few days earlier where he used the bat cut out from the same DSP and placed on a yellow moon.  I totally copied that!  Thanks Brian!!!!!
Have a great Monday and thanks for stopping by!
Windy 

Stamp set: Wacky Wishes (retired)
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, and Summer Starfruit card stock and Witches' Brew DSP
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Brights candy dots in Pumpkin Pie, 1 3/4" and 2" circle punches

No comments:

Post a Comment