Tuesday, December 2, 2014

PP224 Homemade Holiday




I really liked designing this card.  I told myself I wanted to use the Holiday Home set this week because I have hardly touched it since getting it and the matching framelits dies about three weeks ago.  So excited to see that this challenge was perfect for using this set!  I played straight down the middle with transport(Santa's sleigh), embossing (Lucky Stars emboss folder), and die cut (Homemade Holiday framelits dies for houses). 
I was inspired by a card over at Jan Tink's blog stampspaperscissors.typepad.com.
She did  more heat embossing and coloring but I liked the houses stamped in Real Red on Crumb Cake.  I embossed the sky with stars and gave a scene that I will probably send as a Christmas Thank You so need sentiment on the front for now. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed Tuesday!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp set: Holiday Home
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Marina Mist
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive
Homemade Holiday framelits dies, 2 1/2" circle punch, Lucky Stars emboss folder 

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love the Crumb Cake houses. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the Santa, the starry sky and the lights and wreath on the houses! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to get started with your Holiday Home stamp set and framelits! I love your huge moon and the red and crumb cake houses really do work well. Thanks for joining us for tic-tac-toe over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete