Friday, November 11, 2016

FMS262 Christmas Spirit



I wanted to use some element of the Star of Light set I had not used before
and this sketch was perfect for the star I used here in a circle.
I heat embossed it and the sentiment in gold emboss powder.
I added Night of Navy card stock and gold ribbon and then finished off
with some gold sequins.
Now as I have stated before, I am terrible with rhinestone, enamel shapes
 and sequin placements. This last weekend when in Atlanta for some stamping events,
I was privileged to see a demo by the lovely and
amazingly talented Kimberly Van Diepen from
stampinbythesea.com
So taught us the triangle effect.  Place two together and a third up to form a triangle.
It worked great here.

I hope you have a blessed Friday and thanks for stopping by!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp set: Star of Light
Paper: Night of Navy, Very Vanilla
Ink: VersaMark
Gold ribbon, gold emboss powder, heat tool, gold sequins,
2" and 1 3/4" circle punches  

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! Love that star and the sweet sentiment! I do love that stamp set! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant Christmas card! The star image is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete