Monday, March 31, 2014

PP189 For You In Colors!


Since joining the challenges a few months ago,  I have been waiting for one of these Tic-Tac-Toe challenges because they always look fun and you get such fun projects from them.  Other than the shaped card, I was excited because I thought they were all so easy.  But the I thought I play for the challenge so went the last row vertically down-twine,shaped card, blue...love the results!




I decided to make a card with a base cut with the scallop square die.  It makes a fun and cute size card!  I have been wanting to use this pattern from the Watercolor Wonder DSP and like the way this all turned out.  I sponged Island Indigo first on butterfly stamp and then some Gumball green ink to give it a unique color of blueish green.  You can see a little inside in second photo, I stamped the butterfly again but without cleaning so it is a second stamp making it lighter.  Using this card in my card class next week!

Hope your day is fun-filled and thanks for stopping by!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp sets: Papillon Potpourri and Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Gumball Green
Ink: Gumball Green and Island Indigo
Calypso Coral Twine, Bitty banners framelits dies, Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly punches, 1 1/4" scallop circle punch,Nestabilities scallop square dies (non SU!)


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you enjoy the tic-tac-toe challenges, Windy! You combined the elements perfectly and I love the pretty paper. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great use of the large scale pattern on the paper--the colors are fantastic and I love how you've used the scalloped square as a base...Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete