Thursday, March 22, 2018

PP385 A Watercolor Rainbow Egg




I almost grabbed my Sunshine & Rainbows bundle but then 
I looked over at my Hello Easter that has been sitting near by!
I decided to color the sections of the egg 5 different rainbow colors.
I used Daffodil Delight, Rose Red, Wisteria Wonder,
Pool Party, and Wild Wasbi markers.  Before I stamped the egg, I sprayed
water on the stamp which then made the colors kind of run and look like
I water colored them on the paper. I did hand cut the egg out.
I added the banner in Rose Red card stock stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. 
I had some Old Olive leaves I did not use from another project
cut using the Sweet Cake thinlits dies. 
I tucked the leaves in so maybe the egg looks 
like it is sitting the grass. 
I ran the Daffodil Delight background through the Big Shot 
with the Basket Weave embossing folder and layered it all on
a piece of thick Whisper White for a base.
I added some rhinestones for bling to finish it off.

Head over to thepaperplayers.blogspot.com
to play along with the rainbow challenge!

I hope you have a blessed day and Happy Spring!
Thanks for stopping by!
Windy
windyellard.stanpinup,net

Stamp set: Hello Easter
Ink: Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Daffodil Delight,
 Wisteria Wonder and Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive,
and Rose Red
Duet Banner punch, rhinestones, Sweet Cake thinlits dies,
Basket Weave embossing folder




3 comments:

  1. What a great card, Windy! I love how you've incorporated the colors into the egg. Such a smart idea. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windy... the embossed background is fab with your bright Easter egg! Thanks you for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to interpret the rainbow challenge! Way to think outside the box! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete