Thursday, April 19, 2018

PP389 Mermaid Kisses



I love unicorns but have no stamps with them. One day maybe!
But so happy I do have a mermaid set! It is called Magical Mermaid.
I say often " If you can be a mermaid, be a mermaid!"
I love coloring her and do not mind fussy cutting her out either.
After stamping my mermaid in Memento Tuxedo Black,
I colored her with my Stampin Blends markers in Light Pink Pirouette,
Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay.
But I think making this under the sea background was more fun!
I started with a piece of Sahara Sand cut 4" by 5 1/4".
  I stamped the shell bits on the bottom three times in Early Espresso. 
I stamped the seaweed a few times on each side then I started the sponging!
I used Sand on the bottom and then Bermuda Bay going heavy up the sides
 and light toward the center.
I stamped the sentiment in Espresso. I used the new 
Under The Sea framelits for the extra plants/seaweed plus
the little starfish.  I cut the starfish in Daffodil Delight and drew
the lines with an Espresso marker.
I finished it off by placing my background on a Bermuda Bay base.

Love the challenge and hope you can play along
over at thepaperplayers.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp set: Magical Mermaid 
Ink: Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay, Sahara Sand
Memento Tuxedo Black
Stampin Blends-Bermuda Bay, Pool Party,
Daffodil Delight, Light Pink Pirouette
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Under The Sea framelits dies, sponge daubers




3 comments:

  1. Your mermaid is wonderful but the seascape is spectacular! Love the depth you've created. The starfish by the sentiment is a great touch. Thanks for joining us again at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windy, what a beautiful scene you've created! Your background is gorgeous, so much intricate detail. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this set, it was given to me by a card marking friend. Love how you made this card. Very Pretty!

    ReplyDelete