Friday, January 17, 2020

GDP223 Happy Birthday Hibiscus




Again, I am casing a layout from my upline Mary Fish
over at stampinpretty.com 
You can see the post here.
I decided to use this sketch for a tropical birthday
card to play along with the theme over at 
global-design-project.com this week.

I used an Old Olive base and then a lovely piece of the 
Tropical Oasis DSP layered with white card stock for the background. 
I cut a piece of Old Olive plus some white card stock with the
Layering Square dies but ran the Olive one through the 
Coastal Weave embossing folder.
I stamped on white the leaves from Timeless tropical 
in Old Olive ink and cut them with the matching In The Tropics dies.
 I did the same for the flowers but used Real Red ink
 on Daffodil Delight and Grapefruit Grove card stock.
 I cut a few solid leaves in Garden Green card stock. 
I used some rhinestones for the center of the flowers.
I used the sentiment from Timeless Tulips 
stamped in Real Red on a Daffodil banner cut 
from the Golf Club dies and a white strip added behind.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!
Windy

Stamp sets: Timeless Tropical  and Timeless Tulips
Ink: Real Red and Old Olive
Paper: Tropical Oasis DSP, Whisper White, Grapefruit Grove,
Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Garden Green
rhinestones, Coastal Weave embossing folder,
In The Tropics dies, Layering Square dies, 
Golf Club dies




No comments:

Post a Comment