Wednesday, June 3, 2020

PP493 Sunflower With Sympathy





I knew I wanted to color this lovely sunflower in purples
 from Celebrate Sunflowers set and when I saw Jaydee's tic-tac-toe 
challenge over at thepaperplayers.blogspot.com this week for the first row
 down-flower, sympathy and purple I was so happy to color it.
 I grabbed Blackberry Bliss, Highland Heather, and Mango 
Melody Stampin Blends markers for the flowers and Granny Apple Green
for the leaves. I inked them up in Memento Tuxedo Black on white card stock
and then after coloring, I cut them with the matching Sunflower dies.
I then layered a piece of Highland Heather ran through with the 
Tasteful Textile embossing folder on white base. 
I then cut the white scalloped rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly dies
then layered the flower and leaves on. I stamped the sentiment from a retired 
SAB set called Lasting Lily in Memento Tuxedo Black
 on white card stock and cut with the Ornate Frames dies. 
I finished it off with some pearls.

Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!
Windy

Stamp sets: Celebrate Sunflowers and Lasting Lily-retired
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stampin Blends markers- Mango Melody, Highland Heather,
Blackberry Bliss and Granny Apple Green 
Sunflowers dies, Tasteful Textile embossing folder, pearls,
Ornate Frames dies, Stitched So sweetly dies 






6 comments:

  1. Such pretty coloring, love the purples. The apple green just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Windy! I love all things purple and I'm a big fan of that fabulous sunflower, so I love the combination of the two! I spy a new embossing folder too - I've just ordered it as I think it might be my new Subtles!! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week - always a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windy, I think the choice of purple was genius. This is such a gorgeous card and a wonderful way to showcase this beautiful bloom. So glad to see you in the gallery again this week
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This sunflower in purple sure pops! I love it! Such a gorgeous sympathy card. Certain to bring comfort! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lord have Mercy! This is a beautiful sight for my sore eyes...and that is literal....I have macular degeneration and one eye is currently in treatments with injections, and I fear my ability to continue card making; but this cheers me on! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete