Sunday, April 21, 2019

PP438 Relax With Paper Piecing!

Happy Easter to You and Yours!
May you have a blessed Easter Sunday!




I keep telling myself I will be there soon!
At the Beach that is!
We head every year to Sanibel Island in June and 
that scene is pretty much me for a week in my beach chair all day!
I decided when I saw this fun challenge I would try 
to piece the umbrella with the DSP. 
I thought some primary colors-blue, red and yellow
were perfect for this scene!
I stamped the chair and umbrella, the hat and the basket 
along with the sentiment from Beach Happy 
in Memento Tuxedo Black. I stamped the sand in Sahara Sand.
I stamped the sun from Waterfront set in Pineapple Punch. 
I stamped the umbrella on the Poppy Parade designer paper 
and hand cut it to place on my already stamped umbrella.
I stamped the stripes from the chair in Blueberry Bushel
and the basket in Pineapple Punch then the hat in Poppy Parade.
These were all two step images which makes it so easy!
To keep it clean and simple but add just a few more
fun polka dots, I layered a piece of Blueberry Bushel DSP
behind before adding on the Blueberry base.

Hope you can play along today
 over at Thepaperplayers.blogspot.com 

Thanks for stopping by!
Windy

Stamp Set: Beach Happy, Waterfront
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black,
Blueberry Bushel, Poppy Parade, Pineapple Punch,
and Sahara Sand
Paper: Brights DSP in Poppy Parade, In Color DSP
in Blueberry Bushel

  

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Enjoy your Florida vacation!
    I wish I could PIN your creation but only the Paper Players icon appears when pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look like the idyllic beach scene Windy, although with the beautiful warm weather we are having here in the UK this weekend I'll happily settle for a chair in the garden! Love the bright colours and fun patterns - a great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great beach scene, Windy! That chair just needs you sitting in it! Love the bright colors you chose for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paper piecing perfection, Windy! Great color choices - awesome card! I love the beach. If I didn't live in Iowa, I would be there all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Windy, this is soooo FUN! I love this beach and this chair is calling my name!
    Love the primary colors, too! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun and cheery! Love the playful polka dots!

    ReplyDelete