Thursday, June 21, 2018

PP398 Good Day For A Tropical Escape




I knew I wanted to use the heron when I saw the bird challenge 
over at thepaperplayers.blogspot.com this week and 
of course pair it with the new Tropical Escape suite!
I stamped the bird from Lilypad Lake in Gray Granite on white card stock 
and cut him out with his matching die from Lakeside dies.
I then cut the Granny Apple Green card stock 3 3/4" by 5"
and then cut the leave square die out.  I layered some of the Tropical Escape
DSP behind it and then added it all onto a piece of Whisper White card stock.
I placed those on the Shaded Spruce base.
I stamped a leaf in Spruce and the flower in Blushing Bride and cut them 
with the Tropical dies along with a long leaf in Spruce card stock.
I stamped the sentiment from Best Birds in Spruce ink to finish it off.
Hope you have a good day and thanks for stopping by!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp sets: Tropical Chic, Best Birds, Lilypad Lake
Ink: Blushing Bride, Gray Granite and Shaded Spruce
Paper: Whisper White, Shaded Spruce, Granny Apple Green,
Tropical Escape DSP
Lakeside dies, Tropical thinlits
  

2 comments:

  1. Such a great card, Windy! Love that you used this bird with these tropical flowers and leaves. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination of sets Windy - your heron looks perfectly at home amongst those tropical leaves. Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete