Wednesday, May 18, 2022

PP591 A Father's Day Lighthouse

 




I knew when I saw house in Laurie's theme challenge over at thepaperplayers.blogspot.com that there was no other for me but a lighthouse! I decided to take the chance to make it a Father's Day card for my dad using the sentiment from He's All That set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink stamped on white card stock and cut out with the label die in the Lighthouse dies. I then cut the lighthouse pieces from Basic Black and Basic White card stock. I cut the solid and the small top peiece in black and the over lay detailed part in white. I cut a small piece of Crushed Curry card stock to go behind the top for light. 
As for the background, you can my photo of the "stencil" I used cut from the Basic Borders dies in white card stock by my friend Brian King at stampwithbrian.com as part of a kit he offered. I used my blending brush to add Tahitian Tide ink on moving the stencil down several times to make clouds. I added the strip of Tahitian Tide card stock for water and put all on a Basic Black base. My finishing touch was to add black matte dots to the sentiment label. 
Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday and thanks for stopping by!
Windy

FYI- Brian King is offering another Brian & Emma's super-awesome fun time card kit now thru May 24th. Do not wait but rush to order. I loved mine last month and I have more cards to share next week from it. See Brian's post to order here

Stamp set: He's All That
Ink: Tahitian tide and Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Tahitian Tide, Crushed Curry, Basic White, and Basic Black
Basic Border dies for stencil, black matte dots, All That dies, Lighthouse dies, blending brush






2 comments:

  1. I LOOOVE how clean this lighthouse is! Such a beautiful, simple card. The clouds at such a lovely soft backdrop - love! Thanks for the shout out in your post, too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lighthouse! Great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete