Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Merry Gift Box



Happy Wednesday! 
Hello to those popping over from Mary Fish's blog Stampin' Pretty.  I am privileged to be a guest on her blog today! 

 I have envisioned embossing with the new Seasonally Scattered and doing some sponging on top of that and I finally got my chance. I like the way Stampin' Up! shows this stamp off in the new 2014 Holiday catalog by using it on a tag. I decided to match it up with some of our new All Is Calm Designer Series Paper(DSP) and add a little bling with the Frosted Sequins. 



I embossed the tag in Smoky Slate and then lightly sponged Soft Sky over it.  I added Lost Lagoon ink around the tag. A few silver sequins gives it some shine! The Tag A Bag gift boxes are narrow but fun to fill.  I added lots of shredded Lost Lagoon card stock in mine and will put some fun holiday surprises in there for my college girl! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp set: Seasonally Scattered
Paper: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Lost Lagoon,  All IS Calm DSP
Ink: VersaMark, Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky
Frosted Sequins, Scallop Top Tag Punch, Lost Lagoon 3/8" Silky Taffeta ribbon, 1/8" Silver ribbon, Tag  A Bag Gift Box







3 comments:

  1. Hi Windy. The double band of DSP around the box gives this box a beautiful old fashioned or romantic look. I like the emboss resist technique and will try it on the seasonally scattered stamp. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly..the band is thick but I like the way it looks, too!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Windy, for being my guest today. Love your project and it gets me in the mood for holiday gift giving.

    ReplyDelete