Monday, July 18, 2022

Lots of Tea Cups Birthday Card

 I am back from a 3 week vacay! We traveled from Orlando Fl to Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park, Napa Valley, Monterey, Carmel and San Francisco CA. It was long time but we had great adventures. We celebrated my daughter Amanda's 27th birthday there in San Fran and today I am showing off her birthday card!



I am not a big fan of the slim line cards as I do not like having to fill in so much space and make an envelope to match but this was a special occasion! This was for my daughter Amanda's 27th birthday. She loves turquoise and tea/coffee. I thought a slim line would be great so I could stack many cups together. I used the new in color Tahitian Tide with the Poppy Parade and some Mango Melody. 
I cut the Tide card stock 8" by 8" and score in half  for a 4" by 8" card and then added a piece of white card stock cut 3 3/4" by 7 3/4" to the top. I stamped the cups with the Cup of Tea stamp set- one in Tide and one in Poppy. I cut them out with the matching dies called Teacup dies. I also cut a solid and detailed cups with the dies to layer together from Tide card stock. I cut the last one from the retired Flowering Fields DSP with the Poppy print. I stamped my lemon in Mango Melody on white card stock and cut the same dies. I stamped the tag on white card in Tide ink and cut with the macthing Teacup dies. I added the tag with some white twine to the top cup. 
Before layering the cups on, I stamped the sentiment in Tide ink to the top from the Flowering Tulips set and used some splatter from the Quiet Meadow set in Mango Melody ink. After all the elements were layered on, I finished with some Tahitian Tide in color dots. 
I did decorate the inside with a Happy Birthday sentiment and more cups before forgot to get a photo. I made the matching envelope to fit the card with the retired Flowering Fields DSP using the retired envelope punch board. 
Hope you have beautiful Monday and thanks for stopping by!
Windy

Stamp sets: Cup Of Tea, Flowering Tulips, and Quiet Meadow
Ink: Mango Melody, Tahitian Tide, Poppy Parade
Paper: Basic White, Tahitian Tide, Flowering Fields DSP-retired
Teacup dies, white twine, in color dots-Tahitian Tide



2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I struggle with slimline cards. These tea cups are the perfect solution!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stack of cups, Windy! So bright, so happy.

    ReplyDelete