Thursday, June 2, 2016

PPA303 A Lighthouse Birthday!




I started this card with the lighthouse stamped in Navy on Sahara Sand
 and added "water" by stamping an image from Timeless Textures in Mint Macaron!
I had all layers of card stock but then switched the Mint card stock for some Mint 
DSP stripes!  I distressed the edges of the top piece with my finger nails and scissors.  
I added Sahara Sand ink to edges by rubbing the ink pad around.
I was going to added some twine or ribbon but decided i liked the natural look.
Hope you can play along with this great color challenge over at
palspapaerarts.com
Thanks for stopping by today!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp sets: From Land To Sea, Timeless Textures and B.Y.O.P.
Paper: 2016-2018 In Colors DSP in Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand, 
Night of Navy
Ink: Mint Macaron, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand





8 comments:

  1. Very handsome card, Windy! I love the CAS look with these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windy... your choice for these colors is perfect! The lighthouse stamped on Sahara Sand reminds of fog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple with the perfect pop of distressing. You are the queen of the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card Windy ~ perfect use of the colors, love the striped edges. Using the Timeless Textures stamp for the water is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful masculine card, Windy. I liked what Mary called you... it fits. You are the Queen of all things relating to water (and hummingbirds, and flowers and all things purple... :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lighthouse was the perfect choice for these colors. I really like how you distressed the edges too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you stamped directly on the Sahara Sand background, it really makes a wonderful statement. Great take on this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you stamped directly on the Sahara Sand background, it really makes a wonderful statement. Great take on this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete