Sunday, May 19, 2019

PP442 Simple Thanks




I love the ruffled emboss folder but it always reminds 
me of siding on a house!  In this case, it makes this card look cool!
I used the folder to emboss a piece of Gorgeous Grape and then layered
the Grape on a white base.
I cut a white stitched oval and popped it up on the Grape card stock.
I stamped the vase in Memento Tuxedo Black on Grape and same 
ink with the leaves on Lemon Lime Twist. I used the matching punch called 
Vase Builder to punch them out.  
I stamped the sentiment on a black banner using the
VersaMark ink and white emboss powder to heat emboss it.
I finished it off with a Grape glimmer dot.
I like this clean and simple theme but since I do not have a plant 
stamp it got me to think creatively.

Hope you can play along over at thepaperplayers.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your Sunday!
Windy

Stamp sets: Varied Vases, Vibrant Vases
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark 
Paper: Gorgeous Grape, Lemon Lime Twist,
Basic Black, Whisper White
Stitched Shapes dies, Vase Builder punch, Glimmer dot in Grape,
Heat tool, white emboss powder, Ruffled emboss folder,
banner punch-retired


7 comments:

  1. Wow, Windy! I LOVE the Gorgeous Grape ruffled background. What a stunning card! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I never used to be a big fan of purple, until Gorgeous Grape came along. This is so pretty, Windy! The ruffled background adds the perfect amount of subtle detail and the color just pops off the white card base. I really like the sentiment in white on the black cardstock as well. You have inspired me to get this set out today! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm loving all the purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome way to use Gorgeous Grape....I rarely use purples, but this stands out, especially with that cool EF! And your little plant is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE purple Windy and this card is just fabulous! From the ruffles to that spiky plant, I love the retro yet modern feel of your finished card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Gorgeous Grape is fantastic! I love the embossing and the retro feel! Just WOW! XX

    ReplyDelete