Sunday, July 28, 2019

PP452 Being You




Love this paper called Bird Ballad DSP. All the prints are so beautiful.
I used this floral one on the Petal Pink base.
I then added the Pool Party strip of card stock which I ran 
through the Basket Weave emboss folder. 
I stamped the birds and sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black from 
Free As A Bird set and colored the 
image with Stampin Blends markers. 
I used Old Olive for the leaves, Crumb Cake for the branch,
Flirty Flamingo for the flowers, and Petal Pink for the birds.
I did run the color lifter a bit on the bids belly
 to lift some color to make it lighter.  
I colored the sky in Pool Party around the image of birds.
I punched the leaves in Old Olive and vellum card stock
with the leaf punch and finished it off two rimmed pearls.

Hope you can play along with Anne Marie's 
great sketch challenge this week over at 
thepaperplayers.blogspot.com 

Thanks for stopping by!
Windy

Stamp set: Free As A Bird
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stampin Blends markers- Old Olive, Petal Pink,
Flirty Flamingo, Crumb Cake, Pool Party
Paper: Petal Pink, Whisper White, Pool Party,
Bird Ballad DSP, Old Olive, vellum
Stitched Label dies, leaf punch, rimmed pearls-retired,
Basket Weave emboss folder

14 comments:

  1. Windy your card is so, so pretty! I love how you brought the DSP to life by incorporating those colours in each of the elements of your card. I particularly like the berty/leaf embellishments that accent your beautifully coloured image - a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I added the leaves at the end. It pulled it together. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Windy, this is gorgeous. Such a beautiful use of this set. The little flowers on the corners are the perfect finishing touch. I also love the colors.
    Fabulous card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windy, this is so beautiful! I love the pink floral background and the embossed strip. It adds so much texture. The row of little birds is just so "tweet"! Such a fabulous card! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet!! I love your coloring of those adorable birds. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Windy! I love the embossed panel and those gorgeous flowers with the pearl centers. Your coloring is so soft and the birds look so sweet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of you when I add my pearls to everything!
      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I have no clue what happened to my first comment, so I'll try again with my desktop! Love your colors and I'm especially loving these sweet birds paired with the basketweave EF! I really need to put that on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..basketweave can be used in so many ways.

      Delete
  7. Windy, this is gorgeous! I love the vellum and pearl detail and that gorgeous watercolor wash behind the image. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Windy,
    Yes, we were thinking alike, birds with this sketch. Your combination is beautiful, and I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete