Thursday, October 6, 2016

Happy Hello Scarecrow!




I started a card where I was stamping leaves and heat embossing them in clear.
Then taking the ink and rubbing over for a cool background
 but it did not turn out the way I had in my head
 so I pulled it off and decided to do a little water coloring instead.
On watercolor paper, I stamped the scarecrow and the crow from 
Cookie-Cutter Halloween and the Jack-O-Lantern with sentiment are from 
the Paper Pumpkin Sept. kit called Something Good To Eat.
It looks black but the sentiment is in Elegant Eggplant. 
Very simple but love that Cajun Craze houndstooth paper from 
Petals & Paisleys DSP!
Added a little natural gold ribbon to finish it off! 
Now head over to palspaperarts.com to play along with the great color challenge
by my friend Rae Harper!
Hope you have a happy day and thanks for stopping by!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp sets: Something Good To Eat, Cookie-Cutter Halloween 
Ink: Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Archival Basic Black,
Elegant Eggplant
Paper: Very Vanilla, Petals & Paisleys DSP, Crushed Curry,
Water Color paper
Natural gold ribbon, aqua painter



6 comments:

  1. Windy, your scarecrow makes me smile! Adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Great use of these colors, Windy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply sweet card, Windy! Love the houndstooth dsp too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. I love this guy but struggle with my coloring. I need to work on it more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Windy, very cute card! Such a fun fall card, which goes perfect with this trio of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Windy, I'm wondering about the card you didn't make :-) But this one is darling with the brightly colored scarecrow ~ he is a happy guy!

    ReplyDelete