Saturday, July 29, 2017

TTTC008 A Magical Mermaid




Look at me fussy cutting for the tictactoechallenge.com 
this week.  I went for the middle row across with circle (two for the sentiment),
linen thread (used behind the circles) and birthday (love this sentiment)
All images are from a wonderful set that will probably get passed over
called Magical Mermaid.  I grabbed a piece of the Naturally Eclectic DSP
because it already looks water colored and stamp some sea grass or seaweed in 
Basic Grayand faintly stamped the shells stamp along the bottom. 
I stamped the sentiment in Real Red on Whisper White- circle cut
and layered on a Basic Gray circle.  I added some linen thread behind.
For my mermaid, I stamped her on water color paper
with Memento Tuxedo Black and let her dry while I did the other element of the card.
I then colored her with my water color pencils and used my aqua painter.
I used Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point on her tail, and Pacific point on her hair braid.
I lightly colored her skin with Calypso Coral. I used Real Red on her hair.
The Real red was not dark enough for me some I went back over it 
with Real Red ink straight from the pad.
I did fussy cut her out...not well on the hair part but the body was easy enough.
I finished it with some rhinestones for bling.

Hope you can play along with the challenge this week.
Thanks for stopping by and have a magical day!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp set: Magical Mermaid
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Basic Gray
Paper: Naturally Eclectic DSP, Whisper White,
Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, water color paper
Water color pencils, aqau painter, rhinestones,
Layering Circles framelits dies, linen thread




3 comments:

  1. Love this serene card, Windy! Thanks for joining us over at Tic Tac Toe Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Windy! I love anything sea related! Love your choice of DSP to go with this Magical Mermaid! How fun! Thanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Windy.....this mermaid is totally YOU!!!! The colors and softness is over the top! Many thanks for playing the challenge.....you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete